If you struggle with your spending habits and/or credit card debt, you’re certainly not alone. Whether it’s that daily latte habit, that exotic vacation we can’t quite afford or online shopping, our credit cards bear the brunt of our less-than-perfect spending habits.
While getting your finances in order should be an issue you take seriously, sometimes, you just have to laugh at it all. With that in mind, recently asked people to tweet what their credit card would say to them if it could talk, using the hashtag #MyCreditCardTellsMe. And the responses were pretty hilarious.
Read on to see some of the most LOL-inducing tweets that sum up what life is like for those of us who don’t always spend responsibly.
1. Sometimes, no matter how much it hurts, you realize that it’s time for a relationship to end.
We should take some time apart.
— claudia corleto (@ClaudiaCorleto)
2. And sometimes you just need #realtalk, even if that comes from your credit card.
Minimum payments ain’t gonna pay this thing off ya know!
— Sean Burke (@Burkeeboy)
3. This girl knows that online shopping can be come a serious habit.
Girl, delete that app.
— Toni Biggert (@ToniBiggert)
4. When you are straight up wearing your credit card out.
“Sis, honestly I’m just exhausted. Like I have nothing left to give fr.”
— Taylor (@potayterchip)
5. This girl’s credit card is just stating the facts.
that I am in debt. Nothing else.
— Vivian Banks (@AshaSheikh)
6. They don’t call it “Whole Paycheck” for nothing!
stop shopping at
— ConnorFrol (@c_frol)
7. At least this person knows what they like.
that I eat out every night, and it's also telling me that it happens to be at the same restaurant every night.. pic.twitter.com/nPZzWOk1O0
— BlissedKitten (@BlissedKitten)
8. Hey, turns out there are some perks to living beyond your means.
You don’t have to worry about anyone stealing your identity. Nobody wants a 28% APR
— TeachingIs TheWorst (@T3achingWorst)
9. We all need a little retail therapy now and then.
it's time for a therapy session. pic.twitter.com/jLudNIXhkz
— ☕ Loading … (@lov3_docta)
10. But Fluffy needs just one more squeaky toy!
Stay out of Lol🐶😂🐶we love 💞our Zsa Zsa Kabor She’s ay Dime piece🐶😘🐶 pic.twitter.com/UK76REbo79
— GodsGirl (@GodIgetitnow)
11. Everyone likes a night off from cooking, but takeout can become a habit you just can’t seem to quit.
I should learn how to use my stove. pic.twitter.com/samYIsAuxV
— Steph 🌛🌝🌜 (@StephanieTemo)
12. It’s all well and good until the credit card bill arrives in the mail.
I'm going to remember every stupid thing you bought and once a month I'm telling your wife on your dumbass
— JD Rankin (@jdinhollywood)
13. Adapting to the chip can be hard.
stop trying to swipe, it has a chip and i'm supposed to insert it. Wait– it said do NOT remove card! Crap! Start over.
— Dee Kay (@unlikethem)
14. Believe it or not, there is a difference.
I like to be used, not abused.
— Rudolf (@criticus666)
15. Sometimes, you just need to be told “no.”
Stop! For the love of God, stop! pic.twitter.com/aPMH6CVw6S
— Hannah Kirby (@IamHannahKirby)
16. Interest rates are no joke.
that, given my calculations, I'll be able to pay it off when I'm 112 years old.
— nancy sheila ward (@nancysheila29)
17. You know what they say: the best things in life are free.
that it is just a piece of plastic, and no matter how much junk you'll buy with it, it will NOT make you truly happy. pic.twitter.com/oljkN04UIU
— Vanessa (@MontyCheev0)
18. It’s all about the rewards.
Life goals are measured in airline miles
— Best After Whisky (@bestafterwhisky)
19. It turns out that entertaining yourself at home is actually pretty expensive.
no more Netflix, no more IMusic or Spotify
— Sara Rico-Godoy 👾 (@JustSaraR)
20. This lady’s credit card is trying to get her to make better decisions.
don't go there. If you can't pay cash you don't need it! pic.twitter.com/OtfGFANirb
— Pam (@passphx)
21. It can be way too easy to justify overspending.
who cares if you don’t have money,charge it on the card, you’re building credit
— Susan (@stillsmilinggg)
22. Everything in moderation.
You don't need to watch every marvel film four times in cinemas. Just guardians 2 is fine
— GiantBlueSkyPortal (@GiantBlueTweets)
23. Facts can be so pesky.
I already have a lipstick in a shade close to that and surely I must have a caffeine limit…
— Samfar (@SamfarLattay)
24. At least this person is excelling at one area in their life.
that I exceed expectations, of my credit limit that is. AHAHAHAHA …. * crickets *
— 🎃 Exiled Caste 👻 (@ExiledCaste)
25. You really need to read the fine print when it comes to cash back rewards.
I will give you $.01 cash back after you spend $5,364,984 in crap you don’t need.
— Kady Hillman (@ladycontractor1)
26. Automatic charges can be dangerous.
girl, what's the point in that gym membership anyways? you've gone twice in 4 months
— aud stefan (@audstefan)
27. Remember, you should never shop and drink.
not to go on amazon prime with a glass of wine in hand
— Genevieve Blais (@gblaisphoto)
28. This is one time cheating might be OK.
to cheat on it with cash… We have an unhealthy relationship
— Makeda Nzingha Hill (@makedanzingha)
What does my credit card tell me? Lots of things. But: